The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on June 28, 2022 at Brickstreet.
Members Present: Ted Romer, Connor Rammel, Shawn Robinson, PG Jellison, Randy Diller, Sue Heiser, Amy Spriggs, Eric Brackman, Amy Wendel
Secretary Report: Sue, made a motion to approve the previous month meeting minutes, seconded by PG.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $4,613.28. Disbursements totaling $20, receipts totaling $0.00 with an ending balance of $4593.28, Cash on hand is $5.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund is $9,632.39 for a grand total of $14,230.67. Amy Spriggs made a motion to approve, seconded by Connor Rammel
Chamber: Membership Renewals were sent out last week.
Eric Brackman and Amy Spriggs completed the “Leadership in Action” Program put on by the Mercer County Chambers. The chamber members made a motion, approved by Connor, seconded by Ted, to again this year have the Fort Recovery Chamber pay ½ of the cost of the program to the first 2 people interested. (See attached)
Milligan St – Western most part in front of the Pool, to be blacktopped sometime around September
- Trails grant ODOT meeting will be happening sometime soon.
- SAFE routes to school, ODOT Grant was received. 100% grant funded. This will help with sidewalks, signs, crosswalks, etc.
- Lagoons, still working on this, been having minimal smell currently, working through it
- Special meeting, 6/30, since Holiday on Monday, July 4th.
School: Chiller project is ongoing – Chip for it is backordered, so projected date is August
- Carpet and Flooring in the auditoria is being replaced
- Taste of Town went well, seemed to have good attendance, despite the weather being so warm.
- Working on the First Thursday events
- Tom and Tess Kaup are retiring and Jenni Smith from Be You Boutique purchased the business and will take ownership July 1st.
Jubilee: Had nice weather and good attendance.
Ambassadors: NTPA tractor pulls are July 29th & July 30th
Athletic Boosters/WOW: Presse Box/Concession has most of the brick on the building
- Electric Campsites are sold out
- Some non-electric camp sites are still available.
- Pre 50/50 Raffle Event going on now, on the website.
- Will have a new security company helping at the event this year
Historical Society & Project Recovery: Planters are installed, thanks to all those taking care of them and to the Foundation for the contributing a Grant.
Events: – One of a Kind Auction, October 23rd
- Summer Concert Series, break this weekend with the Holiday, July 10th is the Garth Brooks/Elton John Tribute
- Tomorrows Technology has some information about an event that is being held at Sidney High school on Friday, August 19th (A Panel discussing Cyber Security).
Eric motioned to adjourn the meeting.
The next meeting is scheduled for July 26th, at 12 p.m.
Leave a Reply