The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on July 26, 2022 at Tin Cupboard.
Members Present: Ted Romer, Connor Rammel, Sue Heiser, Amy Spriggs, Eric Brackman
Guest: Will Roberts from Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance
Secretary Report: Sue Heiser made a motion to approve previous month’s meeting minutes.
Seconded by Amy Spriggs. Motioned Passed.
Beginning Balance $4593.28
Ending Balance $6876.78
Cash on Hand $5.00
Scholarship Fund $9632.50
Grand Total $16578.17
Amy Spriggs motioned to approve the report. Seconded by Ted Romer.
- 1 of 2 scholarships the Chamber is offering for Mercer County Leadership in Action class has been filled. Kristen Osborne from JR Manufacturing will be completing the class.
- As President, Connor Rammel would like to find a project for the Chamber to complete. Open to suggestions. Upgrading downtown sound system was discussed.
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for Be You on August 4th at 7:00 PM
- Will be looking for volunteers to help clean-up after Taste of Town
- Ideas to attract new businesses to downtown storefronts
- Discussed Merchant’s Gift Certificates balance
- First day August 24th
- NTPA Grand National Tractor Pulls July 29 – 30th at Ambassador Park
- Looking for volunteers to help
- Gates Open at 4 PM – Pulls begin at 7 PM
Project Recovery/Historical Society:
- One of a Kind Auction is October 23, 2022.
- Hope to finalize program by end of August
Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance:
- Looking to collaborate with other Mercer County Chamber’s to host an event in the fall
- SOCA provides $250 sponsorship for events
- Event would offer insight on different services SOCA offers
- July 29 – 30 – NTPA Tractor Pulls at Ambassador Park
- July 31st – Fort Recovery Friends of the Arts: Liverpool Lads 7 PM
- August 4th – Merchant’s First Thursday Event – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Be You
- August 7th – Fort Recovery Friends of the Arts: Blue Leafs 7 PM
- August 26 – 27th Fort Recovery Athletic Boosters – WoW Raffle
Ted Romer motioned to adjourn the meeting.
Next meeting is Tuesday, August 30th at Noon at Tin Cupboard.