The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Tuesday, April 27 at Brick Street Tavern.
Members Present: PG Jellison, Amy Spriggs, Megan Steinberg, Shawn Robinson, Eric Brackman, Thomas Shaw, Sue Heiser, Randy Diller & Ted Romer.
The meeting was called to order by President, Shawn Robinson.
Secretary Report: Sue Heiser made a motion to approve the March meeting minutes seconded by Thomas Shaw.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $4,685.33, disbursements totaling $449.00, receipts totaling $135.00, with an ending balance of $4,371.33. Cash on hand is $14.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund $8,124.79 for a grand total of $12,510.12. Ted Romer made a motion to approve the April treasurers report, seconded by PG Jellison.
- The Chamber distributed an email to members notifying them of a Restaurant Revitalization Grant available through the SBA.
Brockman & Boeckman Funeral Home
- Thomas Shaw invited the community to join their Facebook page. Obituaries and various community events will be posted on social media.
- Thomas is interested in implementing a “Blessing Box” in town. This would be available for anyone in need and would contain nonperishable food or healthcare items. Anyone with suggestions for the need or placement of the box is encouraged to contact Thomas.
- Construction on Elm Street is progressing and expected to be done near the end of May.
- Repair to the Buck Ditch Tile, the main storm tile, is taking place. Work is expected to be completed from inside the tile, eliminating the need to dig up the tile.
- Street patching on St Rt 119 as well as paving Elm and Broadway is expected to take place in May.
- Working on updates to the zoning ordinances.
- The village is awaiting approval on a grant submitted to ODOT to redo St Rt 119 in 2024.
- The new park lights at Monument Park have been installed making a nice improvement with no overhead wires. The new lights save the village $60-80 month in electric costs.
- Lights for the monument lighting project are in place. There will be a Monument Lighting Dedication Ceremony on May 28th during the Memorial Day Service.
- May 15th is Spring Cleanup day. Please put items to the curb the night before.
- Ambassador Pool is opening May 31st.
- Taste of the Town is planned for Wednesday, June 16th. Food vendors will be available 5-8 p.m. Sunburners will perform 7-10 p.m. Volunteers are needed for this event.
- This year’s first Thursday event will take place May 6th 5-8 p.m. with Mother’s Day themed sales.
- May 7th 6-9 p.m. is the Merchants Cruise In.
- Merchants will be selling ice cream June & July at the Tractor Pulls.
- The 2021 Harvest Jubilee will take place June 16-20. Kickoff will be Wednesday night with Taste of the Town. Thursday will be Cooper Farms Kids Day. Friday and Saturday events have not yet been released. The Fireman’s Parade will take place Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. with Chicken Dinners after. Chicken Dinners can be picked up at the legion after the parade at 3 p.m. and are presale only.
- Grant distribution requests will be discussed at their next meeting in May.
Historical Society & Project Recovery:
- One of a Kind Auction will take place Sunday, October 17th.
- 64 additional electrical hookups were added at the campgrounds for Tractor Pulls and WOW events.
Tomorrow Technology Today:
- April 28th is a webinar for those interested in learning more about Word and Excel.
Thomas Shaw made a motion to adjourn.
The next meeting is scheduled for May 25 @ Brick Street Tavern.