The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Tuesday, March 30th at Brick Street Tavern.
Members Present: PG Jellison, Amy Spriggs, Megan Steinberg, Shawn Robinson, Eric Brackman, Connor Rammel, Thomas Shaw, Amy Wendel, Sue Heiser, Larry Brown, & Ted Romer.
The meeting was called to order by President, Shawn Robinson.
Secretary Report: PG Jellison made a motion to approve the February meeting minutes seconded by Sue Heiser.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $4,309.09, disbursements totaling $953.76, receipts totaling $1330.00, with an ending balance of $4,685.33. Cash on hand is $14.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund $8,124.79 for a grand total of $12,824.12. Connor Rammel made a motion to approve the March treasurers report, seconded by Larry Brown.
- The chamber banquet went well this year with 100 people in attendance. AJ Romer custom made a few items raffled off after the banquet which generated $250.00 for the Chamber. Thank you to AJ Romer!
- Connor Rammel made a motion to approve a $25.00 merchants gift certificate to the After Prom Committee, seconded by Sue Heiser.
- Construction on Elm Street (SR 49) will require a truck detour that will take trucks on Broadway Street to First Street and back to Butler Street.
- Planning for prom and graduation is in the works. Prom will be held at Romers in St. Henry with dinner at 7:30 and a formal dance to follow. Promenade will begin at 6 p.m. with doors opening at 5:30 p.m. Each student will get approximately 4-5 vouchers. For those unable to attend promenade, promenade will be live streamed on Fort Recovery Local Schools Facebook page.
- Planning for next school year has begun.
- Action plans for the 4 major goals the school board has set will be published in the Fort Site Journal.
- Fort Recovery Insurance Agency has partnered with the school to provide a distracted/impaired driving simulator. Juniors and Seniors will attend this 2 days before prom.
- Holly Gann has accepted the new position of Athletic Director with Fort Recovery Local Schools. Brent Niekamp will transition to a Special Education teacher at the High School.
- WCSM hosted a back-to-school event last month at the school. They interviewed 34 guests over the week. The event went very well.
- The Merchant’s Bunny Hop went well with over 300 kids and over 6000 eggs. 6 prizes were awarded. Looking for suggestions and ideas for next year.
- Taste of the Town is planned for Wednesday, June 16th. Food vendors will be available 5-8 p.m. The Sunburners will perform 7-10 p.m. Volunteers are needed for this event.
- This years first Thursday event will take place May 6th 5-8 p.m. with Mother’s Day themed sales.
- New officers were elected.
- May 7th 6-9 p.m. is the Merchants Cruise In.
- Merchants will be selling ice cream June & July at the Tractor Pulls.
- The 2021 Harvest Jubilee will take place June 16-20. Kickoff will be Wednesday night with Taste of the Town and commence Sunday with the Fireman’s Parade at 2 p.m. and Chicken Dinners after. Chicken Dinners can be picked up at the legion after the parade at 3 p.m. and are presale only.
- Grant distribution requests will be discussed at their next meeting in May.
Historical Society & Project Recovery:
- Memorial Weekend will be a lighting ceremony for the monument.
- One of a Kind Auction will take place Sunday, October 17th.
- 64 additional electrical hookups are being added at the campgrounds for Tractor Pulls and WOW events.
Tomorrow Technology Today:
- The webinar hosted by TTT and Fort Recovery Insurance Agency last month went well.
- Sign up for additional upcoming webinars by visiting TTT website.
- Thomas Shaw is the new funeral home director replacing Ron Boeckman. Thomas and his fiancé have plans to remodel the living quarters above the funeral home and live there.
Good Friday Service will be broadcasted live 7 p.m. from the Nazarene Church in Fort Recovery on 100.9FM. Sponsored by Cooper Farms, Kaup Pharmacy and St Henry Bank.
Ted Romer made a motion to adjourn.
The next meeting is scheduled for April 27 @ Brick Street Tavern.