The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Tuesday, May 25 at Brick Street Tavern.
Members Present: PG Jellison, Amy Spriggs, Megan Steinberg, Connor Rammel, Eric Brackman, Thomas Shaw, Sue Heiser, Amy Wendel, Larry Brown, Randy Diller & Ted Romer.
The meeting was called to order by Vice President, Connor Rammel.
Secretary Report: Randy Diller made a motion to approve the April meeting minutes seconded by Thomas Shaw.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $4,371.33, disbursements totaling $395.00, receipts totaling $0, with an ending balance of $3,976.33. Cash on hand is $14.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund $8,124.79 for a grand total of $12,119.12. Ted Romer made a motion to approve the May treasurers report, seconded by PG Jellison.
Brockman& Boeckman Funeral Home
- Contact Thomas with suggestions on a location for a Blessing Box in town.
- Chamber renewals for the 2021-2022 year will be going out in June.
- Elm Street is in the process of being paved. This is expected to be completed by Friday for the Memorial Day Celebration. Elm Street will have man hole work done next week.
- Broadway Street paving will begin after Elm Street paving.
- Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony will take place May 28 starting at 7 pm.
- Monument Lighting Dedication Ceremony will take place May 28 after the Memorial Day parade.
- Ambassador Pool is opening May 31st.
- Sunday, May 22 was graduation ceremony for 69 graduates. Graduation video is posted on Facebook and the schools website.
- May 26 is the last day for students.
- May 28 is the last day for staff.
- Next school year’s plans have not been finalized.
- Taste of the Town is planned for Wednesday, June 16th. Food vendors will be available 5-8 p.m. Sunburners will perform 7-10 p.m. Volunteers are needed for this event to sell tickets.
- Merchants will be selling ice cream June & July at the Tractor Pulls.
- The 2021 Harvest Jubilee will take place June 16-20. Kickoff will be Wednesday night with Taste of the Town. Fireman’s Parade will take place Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. with Chicken Dinners after. Chicken Dinners can be picked up at the legion after the parade at 3 p.m. and are presale only. Tickets can be purchased at any drive thru business in town.
- New this year, the Jubilee has a QR code. Scan to receive updates for weather and events.
- Grant distribution have been approved for over $63,000 with the majority going to the parks.
Historical Society & Project Recovery:
- One of a Kind Auction will take place Sunday, October 17th.
- Benefit Tractor Pulls will take place June 4-5. Gates open at 4 p.m. Pulls start at 7 p.m. $22/Ticket, 11 and under are Free. $20/Ticket online, ohiostatepull.com.
Fort Recovery Museum:
- Sunday, June 27 author Kirby Whitacre will be presenting at 3p.m. He will be discussing characters of the 1790-95 Indian War and the Little-Known Facts that Tie History Together.
Tomorrow Technology Today:
- June 9th Microsoft Bookings Webinar & June 23 Microsoft Forms Webinar.
Thomas Shaw made a motion to adjourn.
The next meeting is scheduled for June 28 @ Brick Street Tavern.