The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on February 28, 2023 at Wendel’s BBQ
Members Present: Sue Heiser, Eric Brackman, Shawn Robinson, Lisa Niekamp-Urwin, Randy Diller, Larry Brown, Amy Wendel, Connor Rammel & Ted Romer
Secretary Report: Sue, made a motion to approve the previous month meeting minutes, seconded by Shawn
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $5,292.78. Disbursements totaling $20, receipts totaling $390.00 with an ending balance of $5,662.78, Cash on hand is $5.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund is $8,371.38 for a grand total of $14,039.16. Ted. made a motion to approve, seconded by Randy.
Old Business: Ribbon Cutting at Wayne IGA in February
New Business: Ribbon Cutting tonight 2/28 at Fort Family Health at 5:30 p.m. They are having an open house tonight from 4-8 p.m. Feel free to stop by!
Chamber: Banquet is March 12th at the Elementary/Middle School Auditoria. Ticket count needs in by this Friday, March 3rd. Can pick up tickets at the Banks or at Fort Recovery Insurance.
Village: – Water study is happening now
- Grant application for second water tower is pending
- Traffic signal at Elm/Butler street – is getting some ARPA money from commissioners to help offset the
- Sidewalk project, for 49/Sharpsburg Rd is in the engineering stage
- Will be putting up some signage for State Route 49 (by Railroad St) to have railroad crossing’s be exempt
- Sawyer Overman Ninja Park – 1 acre of land was donated by Buzz and Pat Hull by Community Park.
- Looking for Pool help and summer help in general.
- New Cemetery signs on State Route 119
School: Congratulations to the swimmers who made it to the State meet.
- Interviews for High School Science teacher and Superintendent positions are happening
- Have a couple part-time positions open, if interested contact the school
- Grant Pottkotter is going to be taking Larry Hart’s position, congratulations to Larry on his retirement!
- March 31st will be opening day for Baseball/Softball complex
- Fort Recovery plays Marion Local tonight at Wapak at 7:30 p.m. for tournament action.
Merchants: nothing new to report
Jubilee: things are coming together.
Ambassadors: working on a sewage project.
Athletic Boosters/WOW: March 31st – there will be a ceremony before the game.
Historical Society & Project Recovery: Visitor’s center may be getting an update this summer
Community Foundation: Notices for solicitation went out.
The next meeting is scheduled for March 28th at Wendel’s BBQ at 12:00 p.m.
Leave a Reply