The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Tuesday January 25, 2022 at Brick Street Tavern.
Members Present: Connor Rammel, Shawn Robinson, Sue Heiser, Jill Andrews, Randy Diller, Amy Wendel & Ted Romer
Secretary Report: Connor Rammel made a motion to approve the October meeting minutes, seconded by Ted Romer
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $5,564.10. Disbursements totaling $420.00, receipts totaling $100.00, with an ending balance of $5,244.10. Cash on hand is $5.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund is $9,632.39 for a grand total of $14,881.49. Sue Heiser made a motion to approve, seconded by Randy Diller
- Girls Scouts returned the check for $100.00 since Santa was at the Opera House all year.
- Merchants purchased our lunches for helping with the Christmas Activities.
- The Chamber Banquet will be March 20th.
- Received a Grand Lake Regional Visitors Complimentary Membership, in return will give them one as well.
- Received a donation request from Our Home Family Resources for the Empty bowls event. Tabling until next month, not due until March
- Potentially adding 2nd water tower – still in the works and talks about when and where.
- Looking to add a walking/multi use trail from the Dairy Queen to Industrial Park on 49 around to Flaler Rd to Sweet Breeze and on Sharpsburg Rd. There is some Grant money available, looking at different options to see what the best way to go about this would be.
- State Route 119 through town will most likely be redone in sections, getting on ODOTs radar for 2024/25.
- Christmas Open house was a success, tree lighting had a good turn out and so did Santa.
- The Bunny Hop is scheduled for April 9th, 10 AM start, Easter Bunny available for pictures after
o Sorority is hoping to do a Craft/Vendor Fair, unsure of all details.
- Found another couple to join the committee, still would like 1 more and need a few stands covered.
- DP&L is moving/putting new service for the campgrounds, little over $11,000, worth of work. This will add 65 more camping sites.
- Fields almost complete, with more work to be done
o Softball field will be ready come Spring
o Baseball field not quite ready com Spring
- Tow and Go tickets are at about 600ish tickets sold, almost to the next tier.
- Can get tickets online and at some businesses around town and surrounding communities. http://www.wowraffle.com to find details.
Historical Society & Project Recovery:
- One of a Kind Auction will be in October again
- Looking to potentially get some self-watering planters for down town.
- Sending out their yearling mailing, got delayed around the holidays
- Going to try to spotlight different organizations and good happenings in the community, example Opera House and Softball/Baseball complex.
- Tom Sandrell left $250,000 to the Foundation for a “Community Center”
o Trying to get specific direction on what this will mean.
Connor Rammel motioned to adjourn the meeting.
The next meeting is scheduled for February 22, 2022, at Brickstreet, at 12 p.m.
Leave a Reply