The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on January 31, 2023 at Wendel’s BBQ.
Members Present: Connor Rammel, Eric Brackman, Thomas Shaw, Mattie Hiestand, Sue Heiser, Randy Diller, Larry Brown, Adrianna Stein
Secretary Report: Thomas Shaw made a motion to approve the previous month meeting minutes. Seconded by Sue Heiser.
Treasurer Report: Checking account beginning balance of $5652.78. Disbursements totaling $710.00 and Receipts totaling $350.00 with an ending balance of $5292.78. Cash on hand is $5.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund is $8371.38 for a Total of $13669.16. Randy Diller made a motion to approve. Seconded by Larry Brown.
Chamber: Eric Brackman will continue as Treasurer.
- President – Connor Rammel will stay with the Chamber until after the banquet.
- Banquet – Sunday, March 12th. Nominations are being accepted at Fort Recovery Insurance Agency, Park National Bank, Mercer Savings Bank, First Financial Bank and Village Hall. Nominations can also be submitted online with the link’s on our Facebook page.
- Buildings – Officers will come up with a plan to market our empty spaces in town.
- Returned ODOT funds to explore other funding sources
- Safe Route to School Public Meeting: Wednesday February 1st– Elem/Middle School Media Center
- Openings: High School Science Teacher, Maintenance/Bus Driver, Custodian, Superintendent
- Village purchasing baseball diamond soon
- 50/50 at Chamber Banquet
- Cartoon Artist at Jubilee
- Replacing sewer line
- Tractor Pull
- No June event this year
- 3 sessions at July event
Project Recovery/Historical Society:
- Updates to be completed around the Forts
- Start planning next auction
- Installation continues
- Opening day scheduled March 31st
Thomas Shaw moved to adjourn the meeting. Next meeting is Noon on Tuesday, February 28th at Wendel’s BBQ.
Chamber Upcoming Events:
February 28th– Fort Family Health Open House
March 12th – Chamber Banquet
Leave a Reply