The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on October 25, 2022 at The Tin Cupboard.
Members Present: Sue Heiser, Eric Brackman, Shawn Robinson, Amy Wendel, Connor Rammel, Randy Diller, Jenni Smith, Maddie Hiestand, Lisa Niekamp-Urwin, Ted Romer
Secretary Report: Randy, made a motion to approve the previous month meeting minutes, seconded by Sue.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $6,611.78. Disbursements totaling $90, receipts totaling $0.00 with an ending balance of $6,521.78, Cash on hand is $5.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund is $8,371.38 for a grand total of $14,898.16. Ted. made a motion to approve, seconded by Randy.
New Business: Agreed to support the Merchant Association and donate $500 to the $1000 shopping spree for the Holiday Open House. Sue motioned to approve, Ted seconded.
Village: – Milligan St should be completed (asphalt) by this Friday, leaving Harrison St the only concrete street left in town.
- This Friday the committee for the safe routes to school will meet and get things going for the Grant, this is 100% grant funded.
- Still pushing some paperwork through for the Path that will go around industrial park, by the school. This is 90% grant funded.
- Working on a Grant for the 119/Butler St Project. This will include a total reconstruction project all the way out to the Ambassador drive on 119 to Caseys in town. (does not include the intersection).
- Lagoon Project, is continuing. Slowly working, this is a brand new technology, working towards a long term fix.
School: No representation at the meeting.
Merchants: Halloween – Parade at 3 p.m.; judging is at 3:30 and trick or treat is from 4 – 6 p.m. the NHS will have a trunk or treat at the amphitheater parking lot.
- The Holiday Open House and Festivities are as follows:
o Thursday – Merchants participating will be open until 7 p.m. with the Tree lighting at 7:15 p.m.
o Friday and Saturday are normal hours.
o Sunday – this was posted wrong in the community calendar, the actual hours are 11 AM – 4 PM – try to help spread the word if/when you can!
Jubilee: working on entertainment.
Ambassadors: working on a sewage project.
Athletic Boosters/WOW: Less then 700 tickets left (as of yesterday!) All online availability are SOLD OUT!
- Seats were installed at the baseball/softball complex.
- Opening day is March 31st at 5 p.m. and there will be a ceremony at 4:30 p.m. that day. Working hard to get things ready for that day.
Historical Society & Project Recovery: One of a Kind Auction was well attended. Mary Diller and Lorri Kaup were the co-chairs this year with a Christmas theme. The chamber members who attended, said it was a great evening!
Community Foundation: Year end mailing is going to go out to Fort Recovery graduates of 1995 and prior.
OTHER news: SOCA Event – 11/4/22 – see attached.
- 11/26/22, this is Small Business Saturday
- The Christmas Gala is going to move to the Pavilion at the Community Park this year. It will be held 12/14 from 7 – 10 p.m.
- Lisa from Tomorrow’s Technology Today brought a flyer (see attached) about a Virtual Seminar she is co-hosting.
The next meeting is scheduled for November 29 at The Tin Cupboard, at 12 p.