The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Tuesday, September 28, at Tin Cupboard.
Members Present: PG Jellison, Randy Diller, Amy Spriggs, Megan Steinberg, Eric Brackman, Connor Rammel, Sue Heiser, Larry Brown, & Jill Andrews.
The meeting was called to order by vice president, Connor Rammel.
Secretary Report: Sue Heiser made a motion to approve the August meeting minutes seconded by Amy Spriggs.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $6,472.10 disbursements totaling $95.00, receipts totaling $150.00, with an ending balance of $6,527.10. Cash on hand is $10.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund $9,632.39 for a grand total of $16,187.49. PG Jellison made a motion to approve the September treasurers report, seconded by Amy Spriggs.
- The chamber is still looking for someone to take over as secretary beginning November.
- The chamber is discussing ways our funds could be used to help the community. The possibility of updating the welcome to Fort Recovery signs was discussed. The chamber is open to further suggestions/recommendations.
- Moving St. Route 49 truck route is in the works with Ohio Department of Transportation.
- The village is working with Ohio Department of Transportation for St. Rt. 119 reconstruction. This project is tentatively scheduled for 2024/2025.
- This fall there will be two operating renewal levies on the ballot. A 2.3 mill current expense levy and a 2.5 mill street maintenance levy. Both are renewals so no new funds are being requested.
- Water tower coating is expected to take place next week. The current water tower coating is over 20 years old.
- The village will be looking at areas of the town to determine where sidewalk repairs will need to be made next year.
- The village met with Mercer County EMA. Their Hazardous Mitigation Plan was reviewed.
- The Fort Street Car Classics will hold their fall cruise in October 9th from 4-8 p.m.
- Sophie Pearson will be doing a 2nd round of Veterans Banners downtown. If you know someone that would like to be included, forms can be obtained at the town hall and library.
- Jalyn Bruns made a Hole-In-One this morning in sectionals-congratulations.
- Sophie Pearson was recognized at the School Board meeting for her work on the Veterans Day banners.
- Homecoming is next week with many activities planned.
- Halloween Parade will take place October 31st. Line up is at 2 p.m. in front of the High School. Judging will take place at 2:30 p.m. at Van Trees Park. If it rains, judging will take place in the High School gym. Trick or Treating will be from 3-5 p.m. instead of 4-6 p.m.
- Christmas Open House will take place November 11-14. Kickoff will begin with a Thankful Thursday event including the annual tree lighting at 8 p.m. Sales will take place through the weekend. On Sunday, merchants will be open from 11-4 with tentative carriage rides, live nativity, opera house tours and Santa house.
- Merchants are discussing tying the 1st Thursday in December with Wangler Hardware’s Ladies Night.
- Next meeting is scheduled for October 12 at 7:30 a.m. at Tin Cupboard.
- Next meeting is November 10th.
- Campground updates are taking place.
- The athletic complex is underway. A meeting was held with the contractor, Dave Kaup. The complex is moving along however at a slower rate than anticipated.
- The WOW event was a success this year. They were able to make their loan payments.
- This Sunday, 2022 WOW tickets will be available for purchase at the Ambassador Park from 10-5. Tickets can also be purchased online www.wowraffle.com .
Historical Society & Project Recovery:
- One of a Kind Auction is scheduled for October 17th from 5-9 p.m. in the Elementary/Middle School Auditoria. The theme of the auction this year is Celebration! Come On! Tickets are $10.00 and can be picked up from Kaup Pharmacy or from members of the Fort Recovery Historical Society and Project Recovery. Tickets include your bid number and the appetizer & dessert buffet catered by the Psi Iota Xi Sorority.
Tomorrow Technology Today:
- October 28 Tomorrow Technology Today is holding a HIPPA Compliance webinar.
- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. Lots of information will be distributed this month.
Traders Days will take place September 30th through October 3rd.
Eric Brackman made a motion to adjourn. The next meeting is scheduled for October 26 @ Tin Cupb
Leave a Reply