The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Monday, November 30 at Tin Cupboard.
Members Present: Ryan Lange, PG Jellison, Amy Spriggs, Megan Steinberg, Sue Heiser, Connor Rammel, Eric Brackman & Ted Romer.
The meeting was called to order by Vice President, Connor Rammel.
Secretary Report: Ted Romer made a motion to approve the October meeting minutes seconded by Shawn Robinson.
Treasurers Report: Checking account beginning balance $4,268.09, disbursements totaling $885.00, receipts totaling $245.00, with an ending balance of $3,628.09. Cash on hand is $74.00 and the Fort Recovery Scholarship Fund $8,124.79 for a grand total of $11826.88. PG Jellison made a motion to approve the November treasurers report, seconded by Ted Romer.
- Fort Recovery’s Christmas open house began Thursday night with a Christmas Lighting Celebration with Christmas carolers, hot chocolate and a visit from Santa. Open house extended into the weekend with discounts at participating merchants as well as carriage rides, live nativity, pioneer demonstrations and more. Amy Keller won the $1000 shopping spree sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and Merchants Association.
- Santa House is receiving great attendance this year being one of a few Santa’s in the area accepting visitors. Santa hours are Thursdays from 6-8 pm and Saturday from 11 am-1pm until Christmas.
- Connor made a motion to move 2021 Chamber meetings to the last Tuesday of the month seconded by Sue Heiser. The next Chamber meeting will be Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
- The chamber of commerce sponsored Merry & Bright Christmas Lights at the Mercer County Fairgrounds. The fairgrounds had great attendance for is 1st weekend open. Vehicles are permitted Thursdays & Sundays 6-9 pm, $10 a car and Fridays & Saturdays 6-10 pm, $15 a car.
- Next week is judging week for the 2nd annual Chamber Sponsored Business Christmas Decorating Contest.
- Jingle and Mingle event will take place December 3 from 5-8 pm. Participating merchants each have specials going on.
- It was discussed to hire a marketing director for the Fort Recovery area. The merchants are open to suggestions and ideas to fund this position.
- The 2021 Harvest Jubilee dates have been confirmed, June 16-20. Kickoff will be Wednesday night with Taste of the Town and commence Sunday with the Firemans Parade at 2 p.m. and Chicken Dinners after.
Fort Recovery Arts Council:
- The Fort Recovery Arts Council has successfully received their 5013c. The opera house committee and the friends of the arts will now work under the Fort Recovery Arts Council.
December 16th from 7-10 pm is Fort Recovery Radio’s Christmas Gala. Tune into this live event.
Ted Romer made a motion to adjourn.
The next meeting is scheduled for January 26-location TBD.