Fort Recovery Area Chamber of Commerce
September 26, 2016
The Fort Recovery Chamber of Commerce met in regular session on Monday, September 26, 2016 at Trusty Woods.
Members Present: Joe Faller, Tony Stahl, Marcus Overman, Justin Firks, Ted Romer, Bob Freemeyer, Randy Diller, Amanda Wyerick, Megan Steinberg, Sandy Keller, Sue Heiser & Lisa Niekamp-Urwin.
The meeting was called to order by President, Joe Faller.
Blessings before meal were given by Bob Freemeyer.
Secretary Report: A motion was made by Sue Heiser to approve the minutes of the August meeting; seconded by Ted Romer.
Treasurer’s Report: Amanda Wyerick reported a beginning checking account balance of $3,733.91 and an ending checking account balance of $3,718.91, along with Fort Recovery Foundation Scholarship Fund of $5,790.32 and disbursements totaling $15.00. Grand Total is $9,557.23. A motion was made by Bob Freemeyer to approve the treasurer’s report, second by Randy Diller.
- President Joe Faller held a discussion with chamber members about setting up criteria for Business of the Year Award. He is also discussing with other chambers how they do their business selection. There is a possibility for accepting nominations.
- A planter was sent to Wangler Hardware for their 100th Year Anniversary Celebration. There is discussion to present Wangler Hardware an anniversary award at the annual awards banquet.
- Ted Romer spoke on behalf of Conner Rammel. Connor had his first session for the Leadership & Action Program. The first session was on tourism. The group visited several different places and groups around the county. Places visited include the lake improvement committee, town chambers, museums, relic shrine, St. Charles Seminary and many other locations.
Village News: Randy Diller announced the work on Elm Street will be completed this week. The recreational trail at community park has begun. They are currently laying blacktop and soon will be pouring concrete. Next year they will be adding tennis and basketball courts at community park.
- Justin Firks reminded everyone school interims will be going out soon. Black top is being poured at the Elementary/Middle School for an additional 55 parking spaces. The school is looking into changing the traffic flow of vehicles. The student body had homecoming this past weekend. Turnout was great and everyone had a good time.
- Tony Stahl the new middle school principal announced the 6th graders are visiting JR Manufacturing, Crown and Coldwater Machine. The 8th graders are visiting TriStar Programs. All is going well in the new school year.
- Marcus Overman the new high school principal has asked the Chamber to donate money for recognizing students at school sporting events. Students nominated must possess good leadership, willingness to help others, participate regularly in class, good work ethics, driven to do their best and be prepared in class. A motion was made by Sue Heiser to approve the donation; seconded by Amanda Wyerick.
Merchants Association: The Halloween Parade will take place this year October 30th. Lineup is 3:00 p.m. and the parade starts at 3:15. Trick or treat will take place this year 4-6 p.m. Christmas Open House will take place November 13th 11-5. The Merchants Cruise In will take place this year on October 8th.
FR Historical Society & Project Recovery: The annual One of a Kind Auction will take place this year on Sunday October 16th from 5-9pm in the Elementary/Middle School Auditoria. The theme this year is “Up! Up! And Away!” Tickets are on sale for $10. Auction items are on display at Mays TV.
Community Foundation: Funds are growing! There is a lot of area support for the foundation and a good amount of money set aside for projects.
FR Firefighters: October 16th from 8-12 is the Fort Recovery Firefighters Breakfast. Please help support your local volunteer fireman!
Tomorrow’s Technology Today: Lisa Niekamp-Urwin announced she is having a FREE cyber security panel webinar. The webinar will take place September 29th from 12:30-1:30pm. Great information for all businesses.
Lutheran Church: The Lutheran Church will be hosting their annual spaghetti supper on November 8th.
FR Historical Society: Wabash 1791 Symposium will take place November 5th from 9-4. You must preregister for this event. A $50 deposit must accompany each registrant.
With no other business, Ted Romer made a motion to adjourn.
The next meeting is scheduled for October 31, 2016 at Trusty Woods.